Toptracer Range Official Rules
NOTE: THE 9 SHOT CHALLENGE IS NOT RUNNING IN THE U.S. STATES OF TENNESSEE AND MARYLAND. EVEN IF ACCESSIBLE ON THE GAME SCREEN, PARTICIPATION WILL BE INVALID AND YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A PRIZE.
- Promoter:The “9-Shot Challenge” (“Competition”) is organized and promoted by Toptracer, which is a division of the Topgolf Entertainment Group (“Toptracer”). The specific Topgolf Entertainment Group (“TEG”) company acting as the promoter in your territory is detailed at the conclusion of these rules.
- Participation Period: The Competition commences at 12:00 AM on July 9, 2022, and ends at 11:59 PM on July 17, 2022 (“Participation Period”). All times are “local time”, meaning that the Competition will start and end earlier in for example, Japan, than in the USA.
- Eligibility: The Competition is open to persons who are: (i) legally and physically residing in any territory where a Toptracer-installed range is located (other than the states of Tennessee, Maryland and other territories where the contest may be prohibited or restricted); and (ii) at least eighteen (18) years of age during the Participation Period.
Employees, agents, directors of any company forming part of TEG (“Competition Entities”), may participate in the Competition but are not eligible to win prizes.
By participating in this Competition, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Competition Overview: he Competition will take place at all participating Toptracer Range locations globally (each a “Venue” and collectively “Venues”). To participate in the Competition, each Participant must (i) download the free Toptracer Range mobile app (the “App”); (ii) sign in to your existing account or create a new account; and (iii) agree to all of the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
- How it works:
- Visit your local Venue and buy a bucket of balls or hire a bay in line with the Venue’s policies
- Connect your profile to the bay screen using the App on your phone
- Select the 9-Shot Challenge on the game mode screen
- Hit your best approach shot on 9 different virtual golf holes
- Toptracer will record each shot’s distance from the pin.
- Your final score will be determined by the sum of your distances across all 9 holes and will be logged on the global and local leaderboard (shots that miss the green are assigned penalty points).
- The lower the score the better!
- You can play as many times as you want.
- Prizes: A prize will be awarded to the Participant with the best score in each country where there is a participating Venue.
The prize each country winner will receive is a COMMEMORATIVE 150TH OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP PIN FLAG. The retail value of the flag is GBP20.00 (approx. USD$25.00). Please note that the flag is unsigned.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be the Participant who’s final (9th) shot is closest to the pin (and if there remains a tie, continuing to the 8th shot, and so on).
Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no alternative will be offered
Equivalent retail value of prizes are estimated by Toptracer to be under any limits directed under the Rules of Golf relating to Amateur Status, but you are advised to check with the governing body in your territory.
- Prize Administration: Toptracer will attempt to contact winners via their registered email within 72 hours of conclusion of the Competition. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly within a further 72 hours, does not meet the eligibility requirements and/or is unable or unwilling to accept a Prize (including due to amateur status), then, at Toptracer’s discretion, the next placed Participant will be awarded the Prize.
Prizes will be shipped no later than 90 days following confirmation that a winner is eligible and wishes to receive the prize. Standard shipping costs will be paid by Toptracer.
In certain jurisdictions Prizes may be subject to taxes. All federal, state and local taxes, customs duties and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of a Prize are solely the Winner’s responsibility, but Toptracer has the right to withhold any amounts required by law. Winners shall complete any applicable tax forms as required in their local territory.
Where it is a legal requirement we will provide a list of winners and this can be requested from the details at the end of these rules.
Additionally, the Promoter may request additional consent to publish and/or broadcast your name, home town, photograph and audio-visual recordings of you ("Your Data") to publicize the Competition and its services and may invite you to participate in photo, recording, video and/or filming session(s). You may withdraw your consent to the Promoter's use of Your Data in this way at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- General Terms:
- Competition Entities are not responsible, and shall have no liability, if Competition cannot take place, is disrupted, if any Prize cannot be awarded, accepted or fully enjoyed, or your participation or registration is prevented or disrupted due to (i) acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, pandemic, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, power cuts, acts of government, other events outside of the reasonable control of Competition Entities; (ii) due to any computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, downtime, outages, technical failures or human or computer error; (iii) acts or omissions of any Venue, including closures or unavailability; (iv) acts or omissions of any other third-party, including airlines and hotels. This includes any actual or perceived technical issues with the Toptracer system where a shot played during the Competition is not traced, or is traced incorrectly.
- If, for any reason outlined above, Competition is not capable of running as planned, Toptracer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Competition or any part of the Competition. If Competition or any part of the Competition is terminated or modified prior to the end date of the Competition, notice will be posted on Toptracer social media accounts. In such circumstances Toptracer shall be entitled at its sole discretion to either (i) declare the Competition null and void, or (ii) declare winners from those of have already participated.
- Where the Prize (or any part thereof) is deemed invalid or unlawful (other than for reasons stated under 8a) in any territory then Toptracer shall be entitled to offer the winner a valid alternative.
- Golf equipment used during Competition must meet Equipment Rules as provided in Appendix II of the Rules of Golf; any Participant using “illegal” equipment will be eliminated from Competition.
- The Competition is organized and promoted by Toptracer but entry to and participation in the Competition is subject always to availability at your local Venue (please check your local Venue is open and running the Competition before visiting!). Venues are independent from Toptracer and set their own policies, opening times and availability, which you are required to follow. To enter the Competition you are required to purchase balls, bay time or otherwise access the Venue in line with its policies.
- f. Venues are not promoters or organizers of the Competition and they have no liability under these Rules or otherwise in relation to the Competition.
- A concurrent 9-shot challenge is being run at certain Topgolf venues and on Toptracer’s digital sister-platform, WGT, but such contests are entirely separate from the Competition and have their own rules.
The Competition is being promoted and organized in your local territory by the applicable TEG company listed below. References to “Toptracer” in these rules mean such applicable local company.
- USA, Canada, Central & South America: Topgolf USA, Inc (a Delaware Corporation) of 8750 N. Central Expressway, Suite 1200, Dallas, TX 75231.
- Sweden, Japan & South Korea: Topgolf Sweden AB (556718-7983), Svärdvägen 3, 182 33 Danderyd, Sweden.
- All other locations: Topgolf Limited (03724493), Unit 8 Shepperton Business Park, Govett Avenue, Shepperton, U.K., TW17 8BA.
Questions regarding the Competition or these rules can be sent to us at the appropriate address stated above, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.